Monday, November 16, 2015

Planting Hope



I'm taking advantage of the last beautiful days of autumn by planting spring bulbs. I like to think of it as planting a little hope. A bulb goes into the dark earth to die, and by the power of the spring rains and sunshine, it comes back to life again. Martin Luther said that "God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars." Hope. The hope of the resurrection.





The bulbs were half price this weekend at Home Depot. I'll just buy one or two, or two hundred. I can't be trusted in garden centers. Instead of "bigger eyes than stomach", I seem to have "bigger eyes than physical endurance to get the thing planted". Ugh. It was an Advil night last night, and it will probably be an Advil night again tonight. But when it comes to gardens, I'm a firm believer that more is more. I will push myself to get the job done today, making myself a little stiff and sore in the process.

Hello, glutes! It appears you are not just for sitting after all!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment