Friday, November 13, 2015

Live Simply, Love Much


I'm not a "motto" person.  I don't like my walls covered in graphic art with big words telling me to do things. It seems, for lack of a better word, shouty. The world gives me plenty of shouty. I'd rather my home be a place to escape from that.

But if I were a motto person, I think that "live simply, love much" would be a pretty good one. It kind of encapsulates the thought of "love God, love others" in its message.

The holiday season is nearly upon us, and I am keeping this message in the forefront. Simple gifts...homemade cookies, a good book. a nice bottle of wine. Simple love...time spent with family, enjoying the sights and sounds of the season. Loving much...the red kettle and the bell ringer, the food pantry, the missions and ministries.

I love simple decor at the holidays. I'm just not a glitzy glamour glittery sort of person. I'm trying to use less and less fake and artificial in decor because, quite frankly, I don't want to store it for eleven months or possibly have to haul it to another state.   Real trees, real wreath, real greenery, real candles. It's probably why I'm drawn to the Norwegian/Scandanavian style at the holidays. Simple motifs, simple colors, nature-inspired.

This card is simple, but I love it much.


{Today's Brew: Little Bitty Birds stamps and dies (PTI), Modern Wood Mats (PTI), cardstock and ink (PTI)}

Blessings on your weekend, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment