Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Inspired by Breakfast

Last weekend, I went to the Chicago suburb of Batavia to see the house that my husband had decided to put an offer on. I had dubbed it the Heinz house because of the ketchup and mustard colors inside. But after inspection last Friday, I am now calling it the hot mess house.

There is not a single surface inside and out that will not need attention. Everything needs painting, inside and out. Every light fixture needs replacing. Every window needs replacing, along with new curtains and window treatments.

I am trying hard to look at the positives. It does have a wrap around front porch. The yard is fenced for future dog. It is close to town, and we can walk and bike everywhere. I am looking at this house as a three year experiment in house flipping. And trust me, it will take every bit of three years to finish. It should be done about five minutes before the For Sale sign goes up in the front yard.

This is house offer number four, and it is still anyone's guess if this deal will actually go through as planned. We've been down this road before. We are house weary, and ready for this whole move to be over.

I spent a sleepless night after the house inspection, dreaming of houses with BIG spiders and really sticky webs.


The next morning, we went out to breakfast in Geneva. I sat down, looked at this menu and coffee mug, and told my husband "This makes me happy."

These days. I have to grab happy wherever I can.

I made this card today because I needed another dose of happy.


{Today's Brew: On The Farm stamp set (papertrey ink), card stock and inks (PTI), polka paper and scallop die (lawn fawn), flower punches}

No comments:

Post a Comment