Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Where Love Goes, A.K.A. The Big Announcement


" For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God."

This verse from the first chapter of Ruth has always seemed like an odd pick for a wedding. After all, it was taken from something a daughter-in-law said to her grieving mother-in-law. Not the stuff of true love and fairy tales. Still, in many ways, it applies to a marriage as well.

We really should have picked this one for our wedding verse twenty-five years ago.

Yep. You guessed it. We are moving...again.

Our fourth corporate relocation in ten years.

Late last fall, my husband was approached with a job opening in the company. A big, regional position that in all ways seemed like the perfect fit for him. All ways, except of course, that it meant we would have to move. We prayed, and pondered, and prayed some more. Finally, last month, my husband accepted the offer.

In four months, we will be leaving our Pittsburgh home and moving to Chicago.

Here we go again! Selling, home staging, house hunting, buying. New schools, new church, new town, new everything.

We have some mixed emotions. We've come to love Pittsburgh in our short time here. But we've also spent a lot of time in Chicago, and I think we could love it there, too.

Where is home? My head spins with the thought. I do know this: home is where my husband is. Home is where all of my little birds come to nest. Home, it seems, is not a place with an address. It is a place within our hearts.


My planners will be REALLY important in the days and weeks ahead!

This morning, I looked at my Simple Stories planner and saw this sketch from last week's challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. Perfect! I used my new Simple Stories papers and stickers to make a fast and fun card.

{Today's Brew: Simple Stories Hugs and Kisses papers and stickers, PTI card stock, heart die}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, on your husband's promotion! You are an expert mover - you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tami! I need to turn this "home relocation" thing into a full-time business! LOL

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Tami! I need to turn this "home relocation" thing into a full-time business! LOL

      Delete
  2. I've followed your other moves....and I have to admit when I looked at your planner post that I thought, Is Mary Rose moving agin? Wow! Well, you'll be close to Michigan! I'm in southern Wisconsin, so you'll be my neighbor! I remember when you posted you stopped in Madison at Gina K's store. I've been there once. I think she may have closed the brick and mortar part of her business. Not sure. I'll keep an eye on your next adventure! Blessings on your next adventure. What about the pink bathroom? You'll have to leave it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I do so LOVE southern Wisconsin! So beautiful! And yes, Gina's shop was just as adorable as she is! I will be sad to leave my pink and yellow bathrooms, though. Who knows? Maybe I'll find them at the next house! LOL Got any suggestions on where to start my house hunting?

      Delete
    2. Deb, I do so LOVE southern Wisconsin! So beautiful! And yes, Gina's shop was just as adorable as she is! I will be sad to leave my pink and yellow bathrooms, though. Who knows? Maybe I'll find them at the next house! LOL Got any suggestions on where to start my house hunting?

      Delete
  3. I'm in a very unique part of S WI called the driftless region. The glaciers did not flow into the area, but went around. I'm actually along the beautiful bluffs of the Mississippi River. Our area was not flattened out by the glaciers, so it's very hilly has lots of beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete