Wednesday, July 2, 2014

PTI Make It Monday Challenge #170


This week's Make It Monday challenge at Nichole's blog at Papertrey Ink looked like it would be super fun and super easy! Use die cuts to mask on a project. I decided to use the stamp set and die cuts from Leaf Prints for this project. I tend to pull this stamp set out in the fall, but why not use the leaves in the summertime as well? Just swap out the colors, and instead of falling autumn leaves, you have rich, lush summertime leaves.



I started by die cutting the leaves with some scrap card stock. Then, I carefully laid them onto PTI's Naturals card stock. I used Mister Huey spray mists in two colors, sprayed, and then let it dry for a few minutes. I came back a little while later and stamped the coordinating leaves in various shades of PTI green inks. The object here is not to get perfect placement, but to have a fair amount of white border showing. It makes it look more natural somehow.

                                                                           

I brought the card outside to my patio to photograph, and when I placed it on the table I realized that the leaf pattern on the card was nearly identical to the leaf pattern on the glass top of this old Martha Stewart KMart patio table! We've had this set for nearly fifteen years, and I still love it. Sure, it has a few rusty spots, but I call it "patina".

 {Today's Brew: Leaf Prints stamp set and dies (PTI), Beautiful Blessings stamp set sentiment (PTI), inks (PTI), card stock (PTI), Studio Calico Mister Huey mists}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!


3 comments:

  1. Simple and beautiful! Thanks for sharing your use of the misters - I haven't seen those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and colors! I love the table, too! Inspiration is everywhere! I love the water distressing! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card. I am on a design team for our church's card ministry and this is perfect for a masculine encouragement card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete