Monday, March 10, 2014

PS SPARKS Picture Perfect Challenge


Have you ever had an idea that just needed time to ruminate in your brain for a while? "I'll try that one day," you tell yourself.

Well, yesterday was "one day".

I've been thinking for a while about how to get the look of cross stitch in paper crafting. The solution? Take one "x" stamp and use it to add the cross stitches to form an image.

I used two dies from Paper Smooches as my stencil, and then began "stitching" with the inked stamp, covering the image in stitches.  The result?



A "stitched" image!  Here's the finished card:



Yes! It came out exactly like I'd pictured it in my head! That was fun! Next time, I will try to add shading with different colors, the same way I do when I cross stitch with different colored threads.

Here is the inspiration photo from the challenge blog:


                                                       www.papersmoochesstamps.com

{Today's Brew: Folkal Points (Paper Smooches), Pretty Phrases (Paper Smooches), loopy leaf die (ps), big bloom die (ps), card stock and inks (pti), circle punch, twine}

Blessings on your Monday, cafe friends!


1 comment: